We have compiled some of frequently asked questions for your convenience. If there are other questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
Please browse all or some of the questions and answers in the Full Q&A.
- How much does your service cost?
Our wedding photography package starts at $2,800. We know each wedding and event are unique, we will create a customize package for your photography needs.
Please contact us, Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is your philosophy regarding photography?
Please view for details on our wedding photography philosophy.
- What is your photography style?
The Angela and Cedric Photography is acclaimed for developing a unique style of wedding photography that is a non-intrusive and unobstrusive photojournalism with influenced by fashion art photography. With a photojournalistic approach, we aims to capture the raw emotion of love through unique compositions and a stylist blend of line, shapes and light with creative post production refining to bring out our clients wedding story. Our goal is to capture your love for each other. We want to tell your story, with a unique piece of art within each image.
To see examples of our quality and style, please visit our Gallery as well as our Blog.
- Do you deliver every image you shoot?
No we do not. Every image that we deliver to you will be images that best represent your event which you will love. We typically select the best expression from the series of shots and archive the rest that are unflattering. After carefully screening every photograph, all the images will be post produced with our signature style of basic post production.
- Do you provide partial day coverage?
We usually do not provide partial day coverage on weekends. But please check with us, as we may have exceptions for some days.
- Do you shoot Quinceanearas, Debutants, Bah Mitzvahs, and Coporate Events? How about headshots and commercial photography?
Yes, we provide shoots for all the above, as we have experience in most other fields of photography.
Please contact us, Angela at email@example.com.
- Have you shot at my venue before?
We have shot at numerous of venues in Southern California. If not, we will perform a walk through at the venue prior to the event.
- What’s your service area coverage?
We are based in Pasadena/Los Angeles CA. We provide photography services to Southern California. Our main service area covers the general Ventura, Los Angeles and Orange County. We also provide services to Santa Barbara and San Diego, as well as destination weddings.
- What are the additional fees for Destination Wedding services?
While Angela and Cedric Photography is base of Los Angeles and Orange County, we service clients around the world. Our destination wedding photography packages are our packages plus the cost of travel, accommodations if necessary and travel fee. Angela and Cedric Photography do their own Reservation.
Email Angela firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- How do I get my wedding published on other wedding blogs or magazines?
View a list of our favorite wedding blogs and their instructions for submission.
- Do you have a 2nd photographer?
All our wedding and event packages include a second photographer. We want to ensure all your wedding and event details are captured, and with various angles.
For most events, Angela and Cedric will be shooting together at your wedding. Some events, a 2nd shooter will be a photographer which we have personally train with our extensive inhouse workshop.
- Can we shoot some pictures which I really like from magazines or websites?
Yes, it would be great for us to view a few ideas of your inspirations images. Gather a few and show us.
- We are looking for other wedding and event services, are there vendors that you can refer to us?
We have worked with some amazing vendors in the past that are not just great in what they do but are super passionate and friendly.
Post Production Questions
- Are all the images with post production on our image DVD?
Yes, all the DVD images we deliver are post produced with our signature style of basic post production. This involves color correction, exposure adjustment, selective black and white processing, clarity adjustments, tone-mapping, and other corrections. Most photographers will only post produce “select” Images. Without touchup, the images will have common photography flaws.
- Are all the images with post production on our prints?
Yes, all the images that you ordered on prints is post produced with our signature style of post production. A group of selected images will be specially retouched with Photoshop. We do not deliver any pictures SOOC (straight out of camera). Our print orders are handle by our trusted photo lab on quality paper with a beautiful matt finish. All our enlargements are handled by only the best in the industry.
- Do you shoot in JPEG, Small Raw, or Large Raw?
Most of our images are shoot in Small Raw with certain situations where we move to Large Raw.
Please view this section for more details.
Wedding Day Questions
- How many hours should be set aside for wedding day photos?
It depends on your timeline for the day. But our suggestion is as below.
Preparations Shots – 1 hour
30 minutes for the bride’s group and 30 minutes with the groom’s group at a single location.
Couple Session – 1 hour
We highly suggest doing this before the ceremony in conjunction with a “first look.” With this portrait arrangement, you will look best with fresh makeup and hair, and you will not have to worry about the picture time for the reminder day, which you can enjoy with your family and guest.
Family Formals – 1 hour
Have a list of pictures that you want with your family/friends right after the ceremony. Usually at the ceremony venue, but can be at any location of your choice. Have a member from each family to move the people in and out quickly for each photo.
Bridal Party (optional) – Duration: ½ hour to 1 hour
These are the fun shots of he bridal party, before the ceremony.
- My event day has a lot of down time between each events. Will I be charged?
For a variety of reason, we are never resting during and event day. We are backing up images, traveling and setting up for the second venue, taking venue and details shots or making up or lost photo time because of wedding day delays.
- What happens if we go over the contracted amount of time? Why are there charges for additional coverage?
We understand not everything goes as planned during an event or photo shoot. We will ask before the contracted time is up, to see if you would like to extend. If you would like us to stay, we will charge the rates specified in your contract rounded to the closest hour increment.
With the additional coverage, there are additional costs for the day, and additional post production, adding to our costs.
Event and Photo Session Questions
- When can we expect to see the images of our engagement, portrait photo session, wedding and special event?
Basic post production images will be ready within 4 weeks after the shoot date. There will be a rush process fee $100 to have images ready prior to 4 weeks. The image DVD will be send out by the six week for wedding and event.
- When should we do our engagement session, and can it be schedule on the weekends?
We should schedule the engagement as early as possible. A minimum of least eight weeks prior to the wedding date to have the post production images ready, and for other products to be ready. Our weekends are usually scheduled with wedding and events. If you would like a weekend session, please contact us, Angela at email@example.com to check our availability. Keep in mind that weekdays are also best because locations are less crowded.
- Who chooses the engagement photo locations?
You can let us know your preference, and we will provide our opinion base on our experience. You can also view our favorite engagement location for ideas. If you have no preference, we can recommend the best location for your engagement session.
- Can we reschedule our Portrait Session if it rain?
If the weather isn’t agreeable on the day of the portrait session, we will gladly reschedule to another day.
- How many images do you typically deliver from an engagement and portrait session?
Usually 30-50 images per 2 hour engagement and portrait shoot.
- How many images do you typically deliver from a wedding and event?
Usually about 30-50 images per hour for wedding and event.
- How long does it take for the prints, album, and sign-in book to be ready?
Mostly about 6 weeks from the submit of the print order. Album and sing-in book production time may vary, depends on the finalization of the design, mostly 6 weeks, however some may take much longer. Similar to the post production process, there will be a fee of $100 for rush-processing. Additional fee for rush shipping may also apply.
- What albums companies do you offer?
We have accounts with most of the major printers. However, if you prefer the styles of any other album makers, we would be glad to accommodate your request. However, additional fees may apply depending on the printer you choose.
- How many page and images do we get in our wedding day album?
Our signature Angela and Cedric album consist of 20 pages and 60 images. More images and pages can be added at an additional cost of design time and retouch images.
- How do I get started on my wedding album?
The Wedding Album Design Process is outline here:
- Do you guys provide framing services as well?
No, we do not provide framing services.
Image DVD Questions and Legal Questions
- What size can we print our photos up to with our full resolution image DVD?
You should be able to print the photos up to 16×20 without any quality loss. For larger prints, additional post-production will be required. Please contact Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org for the pricing of these services.
- What rights do I have to the digital prints?
You have the right to reprint images. However you may not sell your images for a profit or publish your images without the written consent of Angela and Cedric Photography.
- Do you provide the RAW files of the photo session, wedding and event?
Our wedding and event packages come with a full resolution image DVD. Our engagement and portrait sessions are post produce for online photo purchase. We do not provide RAW (unprocessed) files from our shoots because we believe in delivering a finished product.
- How many images do you deliver on the image DVD?
Usually about 30-50 images per hour for wedding and event.
- Do you provide the digital negatives after the shoot?
Yes we do. All of our packages come with Full Resolution image DVDs.
- What happens if my image dvd arrives damaged?
If your image DVD arrives in the mail damaged, please contact us, Angela at email@example.com and we will immediately send out another copy.
- What if I lose my image DVD?
There is a $50 replacement charge for image DVDs.
- What Type of camera/equipment do you use?
Please view our Photography Equipment.
- Do you shoot file or digital?
Business Image Backup Questions
- Do you back up our images? How can we ensure that out images won’t be lost?
We have never lost an image from a wedding due to the following backup workflow for each our events:
During the shoot, we back up on an External Hard Drive after each major event throughout the day. This leaves one copy on the CF cards and creates one copy on the External Hard Drive. After the shoot, we back up the CF card to a local server set up in a RAID 1 configuration. Once the images are completed we upload the images to an offsite location and burn another copy for our archives. At any given point, there are two copies of the files.
- Do you archieve our images? Is there a fee to retrieve the archive for wedding and events?
Images are archived after 12 months. There is a $250 fee to retrieve archived images.
Meeting Policy Questions
- Can we setup a meeting before I sign the contract?
Absolutely! We would love to meet with our clients to get to know you better, and for you to know our personality. Please contact us, Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
- We will not have time to meet in person. What can we do?
We would love to meet to get to know you a little better prior to your wedding. But if you’re too busy and/or are unable to travel to meet with us, we can handle everything remotely thru email. If you would like to know our personality and/or we can answer some of your verbal questions, we would be delighted to setup a meeting by phone.
Payment and Tax Questions
- How do I reserve you for my wedding and date?
All dates are reserved once we receive your signed contract and 50% non-refundable deposit.
- How do I reserve you for my portrait session?
All dates are reserved on once we receive your signed contract and non-refundable full session fee must be received within four days. Session fees may vary by event.
- What if we exceed our contracted time for our engagement shoot and/or wedding day coverage?
Standard rates apply for overtime. Overtime is billed at the rate of $250/hour per Master Photographer and $150/hour per Associate Photographer.
- Is there an additional fee if we pay via credit card?
Yes. Our credit card processing fee is 3.75% of the total package price.
- If we cancel the wedding, will we receive our deposit back?
Unfortunately no. Deposits are use to reserve your date. Once we’ve reserved your date we do not accept new clients for your date.
- If we change our wedding to a different date, will we be able to use our deposit towards a future date?
Unfortunately no, as the deposits are use to reserve your original date.
- Are there travel fees associated with the Engagement Session and/or Wedding Day shoot(s)? Why do you charge travel fee?
For Engagement Session, the first forty miles round trip(20 miles each way) of travel are included. All miles in excess of forty miles round trip or twenty miles each way is charged at $1.50 per mile.
The following engagement session and event destinations are not subject to the above-mentioned travel fees but are subject to the following travel fees:
Santa Barbara, CA – $250 flat fee
San Diego, CA – $250 flat fee
All other engagement session destinations not mentioned above beyond 200 miles round trip are to be negotiated and will be handled by the event basis.
- Why do you charge travel fees?
Travel fee is to provide an adequate compensation to the photographers and lighting assistants (for some events) for the additional time spent travel. For Example, trip to Santa Barbara is 2 hours each way, time which we have to compensate our team with the actual costs of travel.
- Are there discounts on weekday weddings, Sunday weddings, or weddings during the off-season?
Our wedding package rates remain the same for all days of the week and seasons. Because all the cost of the shoot and post production remain the same, we cannot offer discounts.
- Can we pay by cash to receive a discount or avoid sales tax?
No, because California will charge a sales tax on package price, when a physical product is delivered (album, image DVD, prints, etc…)
- Do we need to order prints after our wedding and/or events?
Our wedding and event packages come with an image DVD. There are no hidden extra costs. If you prefer to place a print order with us, we will produce the images with additional post production touchup and to make sure the images are on quality paper.